ShanaSpeaks-->What's She Saying Now?!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Why I Don't Listen to the Radio

The number one song in the country is Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You." The only reason why I know of this song's existence is because I frequent iTunes store and noticed that it is a top download. I didn't even bother to click on the 30 second preview. Well, today was the first day I actually heard the song. I turned on Vh1's Jump Start this morning, just to have something playing while I do laundry (unnecessary info, I know). So my back was turned to the TV as I was collecting my laundry and I heard a guitar intro to a song. I knew it was Kelly Clarkson, before I even heard her voice or actually saw her face. Why does this song sound EXACTLY like "Since U Been Gone?!??" I felt like it was deja vu or I got caught in a time warp and found myself in 10th grade again when "Since U Been Gone" was blaring out of every radio. Now, I'll admit, I liked the screaming, rock-ish 2004 hit before it started taking over my life. However, this new song not only sounds just like it (which I think is boring in & of itself), but unlike "Since U Been Gone," she's screaming about needing some man in her life. Come on guys, "My life Would SUCK Without You?" If your life My Life would SUCK without somebody, then you're pretty pathetic. Compare for yourself.



Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson


My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson


The moral of this story? This is exactly why I DO NOT listen to the radio. There is very little originality on the airwaves. I don't remember the last time I've been genuinely excited about a hip hop song. I can't recall being thoroughly satisfied with any of my fav artists' albums recently (except for M.I.A. & Santogold... fire). Beyonce's "Single Ladies" was forced on me (I like the song now, but initially I didn't get it). Why is "Live Your Life" still in the top 10 of Billboard? Britney Spears sounds exactly how she did in 1999. And now Kelly Clarkson is screaming again. And the record execs wonder why everyone goes online for their music. We're sick of the same old crap on the radio.

0 comments:

DOVE Campaign for Real Beauty

 
ShanaSpeaks--> what's she saying now?!. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.