ShanaSpeaks-->What's She Saying Now?!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year, yadda yadda yadda

Helllllooooo everyone (I love the pretending like people are listening thing)! HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY 2009, HAPPY ANOTHER YEAR OF LIFE! =)

I wish you well on your future endeavors. I am in no real shape to give out serious advice about goals right now; I can use some for myself actually. Good luck & don't give up.
Since I'm feeling talkative, o
pinionated, and energetic, I figured I'd post a new entry. It's mostly about two of MTV's newest "reality" shows: "The City" and "Daddy's Girls."

The City- I'm going to get right into it. I really like Whitney Port from watching The Hills. She seems foc
used, goal-oriented, nice, and balanced (unlike all the other annoying people on that show). And since I'm from NYC I was excited to leave The Hills in the dust to watch The City. BUT *dun dun dun* I am DISAPPOINTED! =( Only 3 episodes have aired and I have some major problems with it already.
1- First of all, the theme song is annoying, no offense to the Pussycat Dolls or anything (I actually like some of their music).
2- I could appreciate a little more about Whitney's actual job. Let's face it, you can't pay rent for apartments on the 30th floor in Manhattan without actually working. A little more reality would be nice in this "reality" show in that respect.
3- But here's my MAJOR MAJOR PROBLEM; WHERE THE BLACK PEOPLE AT?! That was kind of a joke, but seriously, where is the diversity in this show? How can a "reality" show about New York City, which is the most diverse place in the world, NOT have PEOPLE OF COLOR? It's more than just color too. Why is everyone so rich? There is much more to "the city" than "uptown socials" and "downtown hipsters." And the last time I checked, "Uptown" meant Harlem and sometimes Washington Heights. But I forgot, diverse people don't exist in this version of 'The City." It's all so FAKE!
4- With all that aside, did I mention that it's pretty dull so far?
My suggestion: Whitney needs new friends because this cast is lame.

Daddy's Girls- This one kept my attention. I am biased though & there's only been one episode. I appreciated the simple sequence of events. There is just the right amount of people and scenarios to keep me interested, but not confused. I also like how Angela & Vanessa keep it in the family by adding on their cousin to the cast. Their focus on the shoe line is cool too; let's not forget why we're in L.A. in the first place. They also make me want to get off my butt and start walking in the morning (haven't done it yet though). Most of all, I give Angela major props for discussing exactly why her ex-boyfriend dumped her. He left because he couldn't wait for sex. Not because she was "too bossy" or "too fat" or whatever other false reasons women use to blame themselves. Angela (and many more women than you think) plans to wait until marriage. I really appreciate the message. Even though everyone does not wait until marriage, I truly appreciate the display of that option because it is NOT impossible. Believe it or not, some people ACTUALLY WAIT (or at least strive to wait) UNTIL MARRIAGE. Besides waiting until then, generally waiting until you are fully comfortable with having sex is important. A teenage girl can appreciate Angela Simmons talking about a real life situation more than a health teacher saying, "Don't have sex because you will get pregnant & die." And speaking of waiting until you're fully comfortable with having sex, (Back to The City for a sec) do you think that Jay is avoiding "defining" his relationship with Whitney because she's probably not having sex with him as quickly as he'd like her to? Just a thought.
Back to Daddy's Girls>> My only issue? Angela & Vanessa need to stop fronting like they grew up in Saddle Brook, NJ & own up to living in Queens, NY until recently.


That's all for now. Hasta luego homies!

0 comments:

DOVE Campaign for Real Beauty

 
ShanaSpeaks--> what's she saying now?!. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.