ShanaSpeaks-->What's She Saying Now?!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Americans Can't Bear to Look at Michelle Obama's Legs? Give Me a Break.

Our First Lady, Michelle Obama, recently visited the Grand Canyon in a casual outfit, which included a pair of shorts. Personally, I don't believe the hype about the alleged "outrage" over Mrs. Obama's clothing. Who exactly, in this day and age, actually has the mindset or time to be "outraged" about other people's clothes anyway?

But just to put some things in perspective here, let's briefly review what's currently acceptable to the American public. I mean, maybe I'm crazy here.
So, let me get this straight. We accept and/ or like....

People Willing to Do Anything for Money and/or 15 Minutes of Fame (aka, "Reality Stars")


Home Wreckers & Unfaithful Husbands


Video *ahem* "Vixens"


People Who Are Famous for Sex Tapes





But some people are upset about Michelle Obama wearing shorts in the summer desert?



I just don't get it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL @ the Brad Pitt/Angelina photo!!

As for Michelle, I think that America is more uncomfortable with a black woman in the white house than they are with Barack. Or in any sense, being that she's who she is, and she's the first black woman to hold such a position, she's subject to abusive and distasteful propaganda. But all the while, I think Michelle knows exactly what she's doing at all times. Nothing in her world is left to coincidence or chance, I think. Further, I've seen the differences in style and attire between black women and white women. Middle aged white women generally (well, the ones who are "outraged") dress more conservatively and frown upon anything which falls out of their line of thought. In their minds, Michelle, being the First Lady, should always look formal and regal and "put-together", I guess you could say. Anything less is an abomination! That's why I think they were outraged by her attire. It's very shallow to think that way.

I appreciate Mrs. Obama for standing up for herself and wearing whatever she (not America) thought to be acceptable.

...move over Hillary.

DOVE Campaign for Real Beauty

 
ShanaSpeaks--> what's she saying now?!. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.